Choosing a new furnace system for your home can feel like a stressful time. Let our team help you through the furnace installation process!
Furnace Installation Professionals
In Billings, winter always seems to be around the corner. Local homeowners know that they need to be prepared for the upcoming cold season with a reliable furnace to keep their family and home safe. At R & T Services, we are proud to offer trusted furnace installation services in Billings, MT.
Since we are one of the top furnace service companies in Billings, we offer unmatched furnace repair services, furnace maintenance options, and furnace installation. This means that we have you and your family covered no matter what your needs are throughout the cold winter months.
What To Consider When Installing A Furnace
Every home is different, and our technicians have the experience you need to ensure your heating solution is the best fit when installing a new furnace.
Whether you are looking to install a new furnace to reduce energy costs or have a furnace that makes less noise, we are here to make the best recommendation for you and your family.
The goal of any new furnace installation project is to balance between the upfront costs of equipment and the long-term operating expenses.
Our team will walk you through all the variables to find the perfect solution, but here are a few points that you will need to consider:
- Furnace Fuel Type: The majority of new furnaces are fueled by either electricity, natural gas, or propane. The type of furnace that you should install will depend on local regulations, where your home is located, and many other factors.
- Furnace Efficiency: Be sure to check the efficiency rating of a furnace before you make a final purchasing decision. Furnaces use an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rate, ranging from 78 to 98 AFUE. This number represents the amount of fuel needed to power the furnace that is converted into usable heat. Our team can help you calculate the efficiency of a furnace before your furnace installation project gets started.
- Furnace Size: When installing a new furnace, you will need to consider variables like the size of your home, local climate, and factors leading to heat loss. You will need to install a larger furnace if you have a large home with lots of windows that cause heat loss. We will look over your home and help you find the right heating system for your home.
- Other Furnace Installation Considerations: Different types of furnaces require special venting and fuel pipes to operate. If your previous furnace was inefficient or used a different fuel source, then you will need to work with your furnace installation company to ensure you have everything set before the furnace is installed.
When it’s time to go through a new furnace installation then you can’t go wrong with the HVAC experts at R & T Services!
Our technicians have over 30 years of experience helping our Billings community and homeowners- learn how we can help you today!
What Are The Different Types of Furnaces Available?
New home furnaces are more complex than ever before and each type of furnace will come with its own costs for installation, repair, and operation.
Knowing what type of heating solution you want before talking with your furnace installation company will help you down the right process to install the best new furnace for your home.
However, while there is a lot of information out there about choosing a new furnace, our team of furnace experts are standing by to help you choose the furnace best suited for your family’s needs.
You will need to choose between a single-stage, two-stage, or variable-speed furnace installation when shopping for a new heating solution. Here are a few points to consider about each type of furnace when researching:
- Single-Stage Furnace: A traditional single-stage furnace operates by either blowing hot air at full speed and then shuts off once the desired temperature is reached. This type of furnace installation is typically less expensive than other types of furnaces, but the trade-off is that single-stage furnaces are less efficient and can cause hot or cold spots throughout your house.
- Two-Stage Furnace: A two-stage heater works with two settings throughout the burning cycle. Instead of relying on a single heating stage, a two-stage furnace has a high and a low burner setting. This type of furnace is usually more expensive than the single-stage model, but it delivers a consistent heat throughout the home and usually requires less energy because it will stay on low setting when possible.
- Variable-Speed Furnace: A Variable-speed furnace is the most efficient type of heating system for your home because it continually adjusts its speed and heat to your home’s needs. Since furnace installation is more complex, you should expect this type of new furnace to cost more than the other two options.
Should You Install A High-Efficiency Furnace?
When it comes time to install a new furnace you essentially have two options when considering furnace efficiency. On one hand, you can choose a “standard” furnace with 80% efficiency or a “high efficiency” furnace with 95% efficiency or higher.
While they may not seem too different, the type of furnace installation for your home will vary based on a number of factors. From your budget for equipment and installation to your family’s goals for saving energy and monthly heating costs.
- If you’re replacing an inefficient heating system then you should consider installing a high-efficiency furnace to reduce energy consumption and costs.
- If you are planning to stay in your home for more than 10 years then you should consider installing a furnace that has a high-efficiency rating since the furnace installation will be a long-term investment.
- Check if your home is eligible for rebates or tax incentives. Some homes and different areas of Billings are eligible for incentives that make high-efficiency furnace installation a great choice.
Give us a call today to talk with our furnace install experts. We look forward to speaking with you about your goals, walk you through your options, and help you iron out all the details to install the perfect furnace for your home!
Have Questions About A New Furnace?
We hire highly skilled and knowledgeable experts in the field.
What People are Saying
"R & T beat every bid I got and filled out most of the paperwork for the credit from MDU. When I filed my taxes, they got me a itemize receipt, for the energy credit. Would highly recommend them!!"
"The R & T team made me confident that my A/C install project would be done on-time. The other estimators only noted problems; R & T Services enthusiastically solved problems."
"Tim O'Brien is highly knowledgeable in all aspects of heating and cooling. R & T Services showroom is amazing. If you need any services they will perform top notch, quality work."